Cover Reveals/Blitzes

Release Blitz & Review – Thor by MLJ Quigg

Title: Thor
Series: Thorny Devils MC Book #1
Author: MLJ Quigg
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: October 28, 2018
Separated for fifteen years, will they be able to let the past stay in the past or is there too much hurt to forgive and forget.
Fifteen years ago, he broke my heart, leaving me to put my life together after he disappeared. Then out of the blue, he waltzes back in like it didn’t matter. I knew I couldn’t keep him away because it wasn’t just me anymore.
I made the biggest mistake when I left her. Now she’s back, and I’m going nowhere. She will be mine again. She just has to get with the program.

MLJ lives in NSW, Australia, with her husband, three adult children, and six cats—yes, you heard that right, six.
Growing up in a huge family of eight kids was always noisy and didn’t give her enough alone time to unwind.
Books have always given her an outlet from the craziness that is her life. Nothing is better than curling up with a good story to take her mind off her surroundings.
As a new author, she hopes you enjoy her stories and that they help you get out of your world and into hers for a few hours.

3 stars overall

This is honestly a tale of two books – one is about 63% long and the rest is 37% long. I loved the first 63%, and then I was like “WTF did I just read”.

This MC story is set in Australia, which is different, yet interesting to me. I love a good MC story, and haven’t read one for a while. Derrick is the President of Thorny  Devils MC. He’s skating through life, banging chicks, but not settling down.  He and his guys seek out a security firm and imagine his surprise when at their first meeting, he is kicked in the stomach by the woman whose heart he broke 15 years earlier.

Monique runs a security firm and is one tough chick. Man, I really did like Monique. She is none-to-happy to see Derrick again after 15 years. But he’s back and he’s about to discover some interesting info. He’s a dad to triplets.

Monique is happy their kids have finally met their father. She has two boys and a girl and the boys are their fathers clones. While I liked this part of the story, I will say it moved VERY fast, and the forgiveness happened VERY fast. I mean lightning speed.

Then there’s an event that happens at the club, and Derrick ends up in the hospital, and then honestly, the book loses me. I’m not a prude by any means, and I won’t spoil it, but happened was so not at all believable and ludicrous that I just skimmed the rest of the story. I have NEVER read an MC book (and I have read many) with a twist like this. It just did not make any sense at all. And this story just came out of nowhere.

There wasn’t much backstory or character development either. The reason Derrick left Monique was summed up in a few sentences and she was all “oh, I get it” and I was all “what?” I really did like Monique though. She was a very interesting character, but her past, between giving birth and the present, is super dark, and it was kind of not  believable that she would come out as strong as she did. It’s a nice thought, but highly unlikely.

Overall, the story was just choppy. The turn at the 2/3 mark was just so bizarre to me.

If you are a fan of dark MC books, I would recommend this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s